Bay Explorer Island & Wildlife Cruise
Bay explorer offers you the premium wildlife and adventure seafari experience in the bay of plenty.
You will explore the aquatic world of seasonal marine wildlife; dolphins, seals, penguins, fish, birds and whale encounters. The regular dolphin encounters can range from a few animals to hundreds (superpods).
Other seasonal species regularly encountered are sharks, sunfish, orca (killer whales all year round) turtles and even marlin and tuna are seen
It’s a great way to spend an amazing day.
You are able to get up close to wildlife, making it a photographer’s dream.
You can choose to explore even more at the islands. Optional activities include swimming, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding (SUP).
Your experienced Captain and BEST DAY EVER crew will provide a fascinating commentary on the history, geography and culture of the area. They have knowledge on marine wildlife and personally share with you everything they observe. Books and references are on board to enhance your experience.
Don’t miss this premier Bay of Plenty island and wildlife adventure.
The BEST DAY EVER includes:
- A full day cruise on our spacious boat with 360° outdoor views from the largest open-air wildlife watching sun deck.
- The largest most comfortable boat in Tauranga with loads of space and comforts on two levels. Suitable for all ages.
- Watch seasonal marine wildlife which may include penguins, seals, dolphins, whales, sunfish, school fish, seabirds, sharks and orca.
- Enjoy an Island stopover and kayak, stand-up paddle board and/or swim. Water sport training and lifejackets for all ages.
- Onboard BBQ facilities for lunch (please bring your own lunch or your own food for cooking on our BBQ).
- Cold beer and chilled regional wine from our licenced bar (Eftpos available).
- Onboard commentary and references with facts on the Bay and local marine wildlife.
- Our friendly, professional BEST DAY EVER Crew.
CHECK-IN IS AT THE STRAND, TAURANGA CITY WATERFRONT AT 7.30AM FOR
BRIEFING AT 7:45 AND DEPARTURE AT 8:00AM, RETURNING 2:00PM – 4:00PM.
Child (age 6-12yo): $65